|Internet Research 10.0 – Internet: Critical is the 10th annual conference of the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR), an international association for students and scholars in any discipline in the field of of Internet studies.
Internet: Critical will be held 7-10 October 2009, in Milwaukee, WI, USA.
Internet: Critical will provide a space for interdisciplinary researchers to reflect on, describe, interrogate, challenge, and stake new claims to various critical Internet issues, including:
- critical moments, elements, practices
- critical theories, methods, constructs
- critical voices, histories, texts
- critical networks, junctures, spaces
- critical technologies, artifacts, failures
- critical ethics, interventions, alternatives
The program chair is Susanna Paasonen, Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies, University of Helsinki.
The IR 10 organizing committee also includes Charles Ess, AoIR president, Mia Consalvo, AoIR vice-president, Monica Murero, AoIR treasurer, and Alex Halavais, systems officer. The publishing liaison is Axel Bruns.